It was a piece of jewellery – the Oberpostdirektion in Dresden, built in 1876 in the style of the Italian Renaissance. Together with the neighbouring telegraph office it shaped the picture of the Postplatz. Now it is being given a new perspective. Since 2016, the old Oberpostdirektion has been transformed into the “Residenz am Postplatz”.
The renowned architectural office of Ingo Pott was won for the design of the object. According to his designs, the old building will be largely preserved and supplemented by two new buildings on the right and left sides.