Syracuse University Life Sciences
Founded in 1870, the private University of Syracuse has recently been expanded through the addition of a new building to house the Life Sciences, where pure research in the fields of biology and chemistry will be conducted. The complex is the university’s largest construction project. The plain, functional building is five storeys high, and some greenhouses are located on the roof, where they are visible from a long distance. The glass atrium connects the institute with the technology centre and is designed as a meeting and relaxation zone. In addition to glass, dark-red ceramic is the dominant material in the external appearance: TERRART®-Large elements contrast with narrow baguettes which frame the window openings.