The original school building, which was constructed in 1959, was too small and in no way up to the task of meeting modern-day requirements. It was therefore partially demolished, a new extension was built and the parts of the building that had been retained underwent comprehensive renovation. The result is a unit exuding a light, friendly and colourful appearance. The colourful windows appear threedimensional against the more restrained facade, while the ceramic elements are enlivened by the three graduated colours and the profiled panels serving as terminating elements in the roof area. One consistent design principle is the systematic, vertical arrangement, which can be seen both in the terracotta panels and the glass surfaces.