It was a piece of jewelry – the Oberpostdirektion in Dresden,- built in 1876 in the style of the Italian Renaissance. Along with the neighboring telegraph office it shaped the picture of the Postplatz. Now it is been given a new perspective. In 2016, the old Oberpostdirektion was reformed into the “Residenz am Postplatz”.
The renowned architectural office of Ingo Pott won the design of the object. According to his designs, the old building was mostly preserved and supplemented by two new buildings on the right and left sides.